All-On-4 – Indianapolis, IN
Fewer Implants, Same Great Results
At Indy Dental Group, we have patients who prefer a more permanent solution to address their tooth loss. Unfortunately, when informed they lack the necessary jawbone density to adequately support normal implant dentures, they might assume their only available option is traditional dentures. However, our team of experts is pleased to offer another solution – All-On-4 in Indianapolis. Using fewer implant posts, we can help an individual achieve the same great results without having to undergo additional procedures (i.e., bone grafting). Contact us to schedule an appointment and learn more about All-On-4.
How Do All-On-4 Implants Work?
Unlike implant dentures that often require between four and six dental implants and a supportive jawbone, All-On-4 uses only four implant posts. Strategically positioned throughout the upper or lower arch, an implant dentist in Indianapolis at Indy Dental Group will identify the densest areas of the jawbone. We will place two posterior posts at an angle of 45 degrees toward the back of the mouth and two anterior posts toward the front of the mouth. This helps to create a solid and balanced foundation for the customized denture that will be secured to the tops of the implants.
Am I a Candidate for All-On-4 Implants?
Although jawbone density is not as important as it would be with implant dentures, it is still necessary that patients possess good oral and overall health. Signs of periodontal disease or severe decay must be addressed before moving forward with any type of implant procedure. Also, to ensure the success and longevity of your dental implants in Indianapolis, it is best if you do not have a condition that causes your immune system to be weakened (i.e., diabetes, autoimmune disorder, etc.).
There are instances where these health conditions can cause dental implant failure, but if you are properly managing your health and working closely with your physician, you may find success with All-On-4.
Benefits of All-On-4 Implants
All-On-4 dental implants are becoming a clear alternative to traditional implant dentures with many patients reaping the endless benefits of these permanent prosthetics. Some of these advantages include:
- Fewer food restrictions because the implants offer a greater bite force and chewing power
- Greater confidence when eating or speaking
- Improved jawbone stability because of the continuous stimulation offered by the implant posts
- Better oral health by addressing your tooth loss
- Reduced risk of systemic issues commonly linked to tooth loss (i.e., osteoporosis, diabetes, heart disease, etc.)
- Prosthetics that can last 30 years or longer with regular care
- A natural-looking, more youthful appearance
All-On-4 vs. Traditional Implants
It may seem as if there is not much difference between All-On-4 and traditional implants, but if you look closely, you’ll find there are several unique variations that are causing more and more people to choose the former option:
- All-On-4 only requires four dental implant posts, which means a quicker recovery because of fewer incisions
- Because there are only four implant posts, the cost of All-On-4 is much less as opposed to traditional implants that require between four and six posts
- With All-On-4, you do not need to endure a bone grafting procedure, which not only adds time to the overall process but also months of recovery
- All-On-4 often allows patients to receive new teeth the same day as the procedure, whereas implant dentures require waiting several months