Emergency Dentist – Indianapolis, IN
Expert Emergency Care Right When You Need It
We hope that you never experience a dental emergency. That’s why we offer personalized preventive services to help keep your smile strong and healthy for life. However, we understand that accidents still happen. Whether you experience a broken tooth or a horrible toothache, we’re here to offer expert emergency care right when you need it. Don’t hesitate to give Indy Dental Group a call for a dental emergency so we can get your oral health back on track right away!
Why Choose Indy Dental Group for Emergency Dental Care?
- Dental Insurance Welcome & Flexible Financing Available
- Same-Day Appointments Often Available for Emergency Patients
- Team of Highly Experienced Doctors Dedicated to Your Wellbeing
How We Treat Dental Emergencies
Should a dental emergency strike, our team at Indy Dental Group is here to provide the fast and precise care you need. The first thing you should do is give one of our five conveniently located offices a call. From there, this is what you can expect:
- We’ll schedule your appointment: Oftentimes, we can see emergency patients the same day that they call us. We’ll also provide personalized first-aid instructions that will help you manage your situation until you reach our office.
- One of our doctors will examine your smile: As soon as you reach our practice, one of our talented and experienced doctors will meet with you right away to examine your smile and take any necessary X-rays.
- Review the findings and make a treatment plan: Once we’ve determined the source and extent of your emergency, we’ll review all your treatment options and help you pick the one that’s best for you.
- Get the care you need: As soon as you’ve agreed on a treatment plan, we’ll get to work right away. We will primarily focus on getting you out of pain and saving your natural teeth. Before you know it, you’ll be enjoying a happy, healthy smile once again!
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
Your team of Indianapolis emergency dentists at Indy Dental Group are well-equipped to handle any dental emergency you may encounter. Instead of visiting the ER, you’ll save a significant amount of time, money, and hassle by giving us a call for urgent dental care first. Below, you’ll see 11 of the most common dental emergencies that we treat regularly.
Understanding the Cost of Emergency Dentistry
The cost of emergency dental care in Indianapolis at Indy Dental Group will depend entirely on the type of treatment needed to address it. For example, treating a chipped or broken tooth with a filling will cost less than repairing an infected tooth with a root canal. Thankfully, you’ll be pleased to learn that the emergency exam itself will be relatively cost-effective, especially when compared to the costs of a medical emergency. Once we’ve had a chance to better understand what treatment you need, we’ll be able to give you a personalized estimate of costs. We’ll work with you to make sure your insurance benefits are being maximized and are happy to offer flexible dental financing.
Every Dental Emergency is Different
When meeting with a member of our team at Indy Dental Group, we will assess your dental emergency and determine the type of treatment you will need to resume normal activity. This visit is relatively inexpensive, which is often a welcome reality for most patients. Because it is impossible to predict how much your treatment will cost, you must call our office to schedule an appointment. No two dental injuries are the same, so we will need to determine the underlying problem before providing a thorough estimate.
The most common methods of treatment for dental emergencies include:
- Dental crowns
- Root canal therapy
- Tooth extractions
- TMJ treatment
- And more!
At Indy Dental Group, our team will make sure to explain our findings and go over your treatment plan before discussing the estimated costs. This will allow you to feel more comfortable and confident when moving forward with your treatment.
Taking Care of Your Smile Can Save You Money
While it is true there are dental accidents that cannot be avoided, others occur because an infection or damage remains untreated for a period of time. These situations often result in worsening conditions for your smile, which can lead to timelier and costlier procedures. Instead of assuming that a particular problem will simply “go away” on its own, it’s better to invest in regular dental checkups and cleanings and practice good oral habits at home to save thousands of dollars over time.
The moment you notice tooth pain or suffer facial trauma of any kind, do not wait to call your emergency dentist in Indianapolis at Indy Dental Group. No matter if you believe you can afford treatment or not, it is better to seek professional help sooner rather than later, as the price tag for treatment will only grow higher the longer you wait. For example, addressing a toothache immediately might require antibiotics, but if you wait to see a dentist, you may be faced with root canal therapy or tooth extraction.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Dental Emergencies?
Most dental insurance companies provide some form of coverage for dental emergencies. Depending on your plan, you may receive one yearly emergency exam that is fully covered by insurance; however, you should review your policy to determine if this is available. Because most restorative treatments (i.e., dental crowns, root canal therapy, tooth extractions, etc.) are typically covered anywhere from 50-80% by your insurance carrier, your deductible and annual maximum will play a part in how much your insurer will agree to pay. If you need help to maximize your benefits or better understand your plan, our team at Indy Dental Group is here to offer assistance.
Other Options for Making Dental Emergencies Affordable
If you are uninsured or need help to pay any remaining out-of-pocket costs, we also work closely with CareCredit. This flexible financing option allows eligible individuals to apply for low and zero interest payment plans. Depending on your eligibility and needs, you can set up monthly installments to help pay for your treatment, which allows you to focus less on the financial obligations and more on improving your oral health.
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies
Not every dental emergency can be prevented unfortunately. However, a few simple precautions and healthy habits can go an extraordinarily long way in lowering your risk of encountering one, including:
- Visiting your Indianapolis dentist at Indy Dental Group for regular checkups twice a year
- Brushing for two minutes twice a day and flossing at least once a day
- Wearing a mouthguard while playing sports or a nightguard if you grind your teeth at night
- Never using your teeth as tools to open bags, packages, or bottles