Tooth-Colored Fillings – Indianapolis, IN
A Simplified & Effective Way to Treat Cavities
Nearly every person may experience a cavity at some point in their lifetime. Due to this common dental issue, advancements in dentistry have been able to find a solution that goes beyond treating this problem with shiny and visible metal fillings. Instead, at Indy Dental Group, we can provide patients with tooth-colored fillings to address decay and cavities in a more efficient method. Not only does the composite bonding material fuse with your pearly whites easily, but it can also blend effortlessly with the rest of your pearly whites! Read on to learn more about this discreet cavity treatment or give our team a call to set up your initial consultation.
Why Choose Indy Dental Group for Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- Durable & Lifelike Dental Materials
- Completely Custom Treatment Plans
- Accepts Dental Insurance & CareCredit Financing
What Are Tooth-Colored Fillings?
While fillings used to be formed with metal amalgam, tooth-colored fillings are constructed out of composite resin, which consists of incredibly fine particles of acrylic and glass. This material is biocompatible and can form a durable bond with a decayed tooth, creating a powerful seal to keep harmful bacteria from accumulating. Additionally, this is the same material used for direct bonding, meaning this treatment can help address cavities as well as improve the overall appearance of your pearly whites!
The Process of Getting a Tooth-Colored Filling
To get tooth-colored fillings, you’ll have to undergo several steps, including:
- Numbing & preparation: You’ll receive a local anesthetic to remain pain-free throughout the procedure. Our team will then extract any debris and decayed particles from the tooth before sanitizing it completely.
- Applying the composite resin: After cleaning the cavity, we’ll apply composite resin to fill the area and renew both the structure and appearance of the tooth.
- Hardening the resin: We’ll then use a curing light to harden the composite resin so that it bonds effectively with your tooth.
- Final adjustments: Our team will confirm the filling is proper and that your bite is comfortable, making any necessary changes so that the results are flawless.
- Restored smile: Once the filling is set, you’ll be free to leave and enjoy your renewed and healthy smile.
The Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings
While metal amalgam is a viable solution for treating decay and cavities, it won’t come with the same benefits that you’ll find with tooth-colored fillings. Some of the advantages of using composite resin include:
- Enhanced cosmetic appearance
- Biocompatible materials
- Preserves more of the tooth structure
- Cost-effective dental procedure
- Long-lasting results (can go for 10 years or more with proper care)