Have you considered getting braces as an adult? Straight, well-aligned teeth improve the appearance of your smile– but that’s not the only advantage of seeking orthodontic treatment. There are a number of health benefits, too. And these days, it is possible to straighten your teeth without wearing fixed metal braces, thanks to options like Invisalign in Indianapolis. Keep reading to find out more about how straight teeth can benefit your oral and overall health, and why Invisalign is the preferred method for many adults and teens.
The Importance of Straight Teeth
No matter your age, the alignment of your bite matters. Teeth that line up the way they should promote better oral and overall health for a number of reasons.
- Better oral health: It can be tricky to brush and floss thoroughly around crowded teeth, resulting in plaque and tartar buildup and a higher risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Orthodontic treatment makes it easier to maintain excellent oral hygiene.
- Reduced risk of TMJ problems: When the upper and lower jaw are not in proper alignment, a small adjustment must be made every time you open and close your mouth. Over time, that adds up to a lot of stress — and a painful TMJ dysfunction that causes a clicking, popping jaw can occur as a result.
- Avoid injuries to the soft tissues: Teeth that are crooked or come in at irregular angles can cut or injure the cheeks, gums, and lips. Braces help to correct this issue.
- Stronger teeth: Dental misalignments can also increase your risk of nighttime teeth grinding, which puts you at risk of developing weak or worn tooth enamel due to the constant pressure.
- Improved self-confidence: Along with straight teeth and an attractive smile comes the confidence that you know you look great — and that’s worth a lot.
Are You a Candidate for Invisalign?
We can’t underscore enough how greatly braces can benefit your oral and overall health — and if you are dealing with one of the most common orthodontic issues, like overbite, underbite, crossbite, or gapped/crowded teeth, you may be an excellent candidate for clear braces in Indianapolis. Invisalign offers a wonderful option because it allows patients to straighten teeth without the need for fixed metal braces. Removable aligners mean you do not have to limit your diet to what you can eat with braces. It’s also easy to continue to brush and floss as usual, so your oral health is not at-risk when you undergo treatment with Invisalign.
If you are interested in the benefits of straight teeth and how you can enjoy them with Invisalign clear braces in Indianapolis, we invite you to learn more by getting in touch with Indy Dental Group today!
Meet the Practice
The Indy Dental Group offers comprehensive dental care to patients of all ages in and around Indianapolis. To learn more about their services or to schedule an appointment for you or a loved one, we invite you to contact the office at (317) 867-5400.